Financial Savings – A quick round up of some of the current support available to Employers and their Employees


  • Employment Allowance  allows eligible employers to reduce their annual National Insurance liability by up to £5,000. You’ll pay less employers’ Class 1 National Insurance each time you run your payroll until the £5,000 has gone or the tax year ends (whichever is sooner).You can claim Employment Allowance if you’re a business or charity (including community amateur sports clubs) and your employers’ Class 1 National Insurance liabilities were less than £100,000 in the previous tax year. You can also claim if you employ a care or support worker. Details here: Employment Allowance: Check if you’re eligible – GOV.UK 
  • Reclaim 92% of employees’ Statutory Maternity (SMP), Paternity, Adoption, Parental Bereavement and Shared Parental Pay. More information here Get financial help with statutory pay: What you can reclaim – GOV.UK


Please make your team aware of these cost savings and offers. If only one thing helps one person, it will be worth the few moments it took to share.

  • Government help with childcare costs for parents. Whether you have toddlers or teens, you could get support. The support includes tax free child care, free childcare, tax credits and universal credit for childcare and support if you are studying. Click the link to find out what is available and if you are eligible Childcare Choices
  • Free school meals and does your child also qualify during school holidays? If you’re on certain benefits, including universal credit and child tax credit, your child may be able to get free school meals during term time as well as free support during the school holidays. Further information and how to apply can be found here: Free school meals
  • Cheap and FREE eating out deals for kids and NHS workers can be found at these two sites:

Restaurant vouchers: top deals & 2for1 offers – MSE

School Holidays 2022 | Kids eat free breakfast | Brewers Fayre

  • New style job seekers allowance If you work less than 16 hours a week on average, you may be able to claim New Style Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) with, or instead of, Universal Credit, depending on your National Insurance record. Further details and a link for applying can be found here: New Style Jobseeker’s Allowance – GOV.UK